- The task of a Canine First Aider
- Your safety in a canine Incident and scene management
- Stabilizing and transportation of an injured Canine
- Heat stroke – Hyperthermia
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation including modifications for different breed, small and large breed dogs
- Disorders and problems of the Circulatory System
- Disorders and problems of the Airway and Breathing
- Fractures and splinting
- Traumatic Injuries
- Bloat – Gastric Dilatation and Volvulus
By the end of this course you would have practiced the skills needed to manage an incident in which your canine is ill or injured, take care of them until professional medical help is given by the Vet, and become aware of your risks and responsibilities, in any type of canine incident.
End of Course Assessment:
There is no end of course assessment, however students are assessed throughout the course.
Certified course valid for three years. A certificate of training will be issued to each participant
Course Title: 1 Day Canine First Aid
Delivery Language: English or Maltese
Certification: 3 Years
8.30hrs to 16.00hrs approx. (including 2 small coffee breaks and 1 lunch break)
Soteria Buildings, Dawret Ħal Għaxaq, Għaxaq GXQ 9011 (see site map). We are situated instead of the old Silvercraft fibreglass factory, with a dark grey façade and ambulances parked in the outside yard.
Casual. Training involves practical sessions; therefore appropriate clothing is required.
At the moment we do not have canteen facilities, therefore participants are advised to bring along a packed lunch. We have a coffee vending machine selling at 00.60c per cup, as well as light snack / refreshments vending machine.
50% deposit in advance; remaining balance on invoice. Kindly note that certificates are issued upon receipt of full course payment.
Two (2) weeks before scheduled course date – Free of charge
One (1) day before scheduled course date – 50% of deposit, i.e. 25% of course price
Same day – Full course price shall be charged.