CANINE FIRST AID COURSE
To complement our canine services to our client we also provide a canine first aid course. This course applies for both working organizations and also individuals who want to learn canine first aid. Organizations can book a group course for their staff, or either send individual staff to our scheduled canine first aid course.
This course offers a very good practical and hands on approach to any ailments and or accidents which could happen to your canines.
COURSE CONTENTS, OBJECTIVES AND CERTIFICATION
- The task of a canine first aider
- Your safety in a canine Incident and scene management
- Stabilising and transportation of an injured canine
- Heat stroke – hyperthermia
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation including modifications for different breed, small and large breed dogs
- Disorders and problems of the circulatory system
- Disorders and problems of the airway and breathing
- Fractures and splinting
- Traumatic injuries
- Bloat – gastric dilatation and volvulus
By the end of this course you would have practised the skills needed to manage an incident in which your canine is ill or injured, take care of them until professional medical help is given by the vet, and become aware of your risks and responsibilities, in any type of canine incident.
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT:
There is no end of course assessment, however students are assessed throughout the course.
Certified course valid for three years. A certificate of training will be issued to each participant.